Remember to review the syllabus expectations for initial discussion posts and peer replies!
Discuss the following questions:
1. What are the benefits and challenges associated with public and private blockchain and which has the most potential for application in human resource management?
2. What are Smart Contracts and how might they be applied in human resource management?
3. How might Blockchain technology impact labor relations and employee safety? You are required to cite this weeks assigned readings in your paper. You may also cite prior week’s reading assignments and external sources if you wish.
Use the following headings to organize your paper: Introduction, Question 1, Question 2, Question 3, Conclusion, References.Submit your paper as a Word attachment in the discussion forum.
I provide feedback within the paper and will not grade your post unless you submit it as an attachment. Your response to the discussion prompt should contain a minimum of 500 words and it should be submitted no later than Wednesday before 11:59 pm EST. Your response should be formatted in APA style and reference each of this week’s readings.Also, two peer replies should contain a minimum of 150 words each and should be submitted no later than Sunday before 11:59 pm EST. The initial post is worth 40 points and the peer replies are worth 5 points each (10 points). Follow the following writing requirements for all of your discussion prompt responses (note that these writing requirements DO NOT apply to your responses to other students):Writing Requirements for All Assignments:
References MUST be cited within your paper in APA format. Your reference page and in-text citations must match 100%. Papers without in-text citations will earn failing grades.
Always include a cover page and reference page with all submissions
Your paper must have headings in it. For discussion posts Introduction, Prompt/Question, and Conclusion will suffice as headings.
Provide the EXACT web link for all online sources do not provide just the home page, but the EXACT LINK I check all sources
No abbreviations, no contractions write formally
Write in the third person formal voice (no first or second person pronouns)
Write MORE than the minimum requirement of the word count assigned
As always, the word count is ONLY for the BODY of the paper the cover page, reference page, and / or Appendix (if included) do not count towards the word count for the paper
Indent the first line of each new paragraph five spaces
Refer to the example APA paper in the getting started folder under the content tab if you need an example. Also, a power is provided under the information tab that addresses APA format.
Use double-spacing / zero point line spacing, a running header, page numbers, and left justify the margins.
1. Chapter 3 of Blockchain for Business
From the Harvard Course Pack Link: https://hbsp.harvard.edu/import/822085
2. Morkunas, V. J., Paschen, J., & Boon, E. (2019). How Blockchain technologies impact your business model. Business Horizons, 62, 295-306.
3. Berke, A. (2017, March 7). How safe are Blockchains? IT depends. Harvard Business Review, 51-60.
4. Whitehouse, E. (2018, July/August). We can change the way you work. People Management, 30-34.
5. Druck, J. A. (2018, October). Smart Contracts are neither smart nor contracts. Discuss. Banking & Financial Services Policy Report, 37(10), 5-9.