For this assignment, you will explore Jacob Lawrence’s “Migration Series” and talk about two paintings in a discussion post. Lawrence’s art depicted the Great Migration, which was the diaspora of African Americans from the South to cities in the North.
1) Go to the Museum of Modern Art’s page entitled “One-Way Ticket: Jacob Lawrence’s Migration Series (Links to an external site.),” click the orange “View the Migration Series ->” button, and read the introduction.
2) At the bottom of the page, you can scroll from left to right to see thumbnails of the 60 paintings.
3) Choose any TWO paintings – the only rule is that you can’t choose the same paintings as someone else in your group. Read the caption and scroll down to see the longer description of the painting’s history and culture.
4) In your group, post your two chosen paintings and tell your classmates something interesting you learned about both paintings from the online description. Make sure to discuss something you appreciated (or were struck by) in the painting or its description. Your post should be at least 250 words.
5) Comment on one other post about a painting they discussed that resonated with you.v
So this assigment have 2 parts. First, part is about 250 words and 2nd part is about 100 words. The intruction is for 1st part. I will upload the second part in next few days.