In a summary of ethical teachings, the writer does not mention anything about a dilemma that is to be deliberated. Neither does the writer take any strong position on the validity of the teaching. This is just the place to listen to with care and to learn from the ethical teachings of one primary source text.
a summary of ethical teachings will be at least five paragraphs of five sentences each, including at least three direct quotes, properly cited, with work cited.
In summaries, direct quotes are required: for the purpose of this short assignment, a quote should be one complete sentence that expresses a value or principle to guide the ethical assessment of human actions or purposes.
Select 3 quotes from https://plumvillage.org/mindfulness-practice/the-14-mindfulness-trainings/
1. Introduction paragraph: Set the stage. What is the purpose of this short paper? Which primary source text of ethical teaching will be summarized? (Make sure its not an encyclopedia!)Who is the author?
2. Second paragraph: begin to develop the main task. Present the first required quotation (of your choosing) and discuss in your own words what you take the teaching to mean. (Make sure you dont refer to a dilemma!). Please be sure to introduce your quote, present the direct quote, and discuss the meaning of the quote. The direct quote should be embedded in a presentation that leads the reader toward the quote and helps the reader understand why it has been selected as worthwhile ethical teaching. For all body paragraphs, a wholesome paragraph will be five sentences, and the quote will fall in the second or third sentence, not the first or last.
3. Third paragraph: continue to develop the main task. Present the second quote, etc. (Remember, every quote requires an in–text citation in parentheses, with location information when available, such as bk., ch., par., p.)
4. Fourth paragraph: complete the main task. Present the third quote, etc.
5. Fifth paragraph: conclusion. Summarize your overall findings. Considered all together, what does the text teach us about ways to guide human purposes and actions? Your conclusion should be specific in reference to the actual key teachings presented in the materials covered, with at least one key term recovered per body paragraph. Beware of using vague or general terms instead of precise, actual terms used in the primary source text. Please remember, the purpose of the exercise is to listen carefully and fairly to represent the teachings of a primary source text.
Requirements for MLA citations: Each direct quote from a primary source text of ethical teachings must be followed by a required (parenthetical)in–text citation, and the in–text citation should include location information where available. Since we are working with internet sources, location information will often not come in the form of page numbers; however, locations should be identified if the text is marked with the book number, chapter number, section number, verse, paragraph number, etc. If paragraphs are not numbered, you do not need to count them.At the end of your assignment,you are required to list your work(s) cited by placing the work(s) cited after the last paragraph of the assignment.